Past Award Winners
Past award winners coming soon.
- 2016 Central Indiana Alliance
- 2015 BMWC Constructors
- 2014 BMW Constructors
- 2013 Gribbins Insulation
- 2012 Messer Construction
- 2011 Meyer Najem Construction
- 2010 BMW Constructors, Inc.
- 2009 Eli Lilly & The Contractors of the Central Indiana Alliance
- 2008 Bowen Engineering Corporation
- 2007 Bowen Engineering Corporation
- 2006 Pepper Construction Co. of Indiana
- 2005 F.A. Wilhelm Construction Co.
- 2004 BMW Constructors
- 2003 Shiel Sexton Co., Inc.
- 2002 Pepper Construction Co. of Indiana
- 2001 RLTurner Corporation
- 2000 Gaylor, Inc.
- 1999 BMW Constructors, Inc.
- 1998 Eli Lilly And Company
- 1997 RLTurner Corporation
- 1996 Shiel Sexton Co., Inc.
- 1995 James N. Gray Construction
- 1994 RLTurner Corporation
The Excellence in Safety Award: Known as the “Crystal Eagle,” the Excellence in Safety Award is the highest honor that CCS can bestow upon a company. Companies vie in categories with their peers (General Contractors, Trade Partners, Owners/Facilities Maintenance). Each category winner is recognized as a Safety Leader and is then in contention for the “Crystal Eagle” traveling trophy.
- 2015 Kent Burget, Safety Management Group
- 2012 Jeffry Carter, Indiana Dept. of Labor and Jim Rabold, RL Turner
- 2011 Gary Price, The Mattison Corporation and Bill Mott, Hunt Construction
- 2009 Corey Alexander, Pepper Construction Co. Indiana and John Lindenschmidt, RMS Safety
- 2007 James Balthis, Brandon DeSonie, and Joe Sloan
- 2003 Jim Brown. Indiana Construction Association
- 1999 Jim Buis, ERMCO, Inc.
- 1998 Sheila Mueller, Bowen Engineering Corp.
- 1997 Fred Vest, Brad Snodgrass, Inc.
- 1996 B. Todd Morton, Best Insulation Specialists
- 1995 Steve Wolf, RLTurner Corporation
Burnie McGinnis Award: The Burnie McGinnis Award is presented to a person rather than a company. It is the most prestigious award presented to a person by CCS. It is named after the father of Hoosier basketball legend and CCS supporter George McGinnis. The award is given to a person who has had a significant impact on CCS and/or construction safety in Indiana. Because the award is so prestigious, it is not awarded every year.
- 2016 Citizens Energy Group Earlham-Thompson and Morris-Tibbs STEP; Indianapolis Power & Light Harding Street Station Units 5 and 6 Coal to Gas Conversion
- 2015 Citizens Energy Group White River and Fall Creek Consolidation Sewer Shafts; Duke Energy Unit 4 Lower Slope and Finishing Superheat Header Replacement
- 2014 Eli Lilly K130 “Streamline” Project; Wellbrooke of Kokomo The Center for Health & Wellness; Dow AgroSciences Building 314 Fermentation Development Lab; I-65/I-70 South Split Hyper-fix 2013
- 2013 The Alexander Hotel; Parkview Regional Medical Center; Riley Simon Family Tower Va.2 Sequence 1
- 2012 Ascension Health Ministry Service Center; Lutheran Hospital 5th Floor Addition; Soldiers and Sailors Monument Victory Statue Repair
- 2011 Eastern Star Church Northwest Campus; Wishard Dunlap 3 Interventional & Diagnostic Suite
- 2010 Greenfield Central Junior High School; The Witham Healthcare Services Medical, Office Building; The Marion General Hospital Radiology Renovation Project
- 2009 The Col. H. Weir Cook Terminal at Indianapolis International Airport; St. Vincent Indiana Hospital–Surgery & CPD Renovation
- 2008 Community Hospital North Expansion
- 2007 Eli Lilly and Company K362 Building
- 2006 Eli Lilly and Company K360 Clinical Trial Pilot Plant
- 2005 The Horseshoe Casino & Parking Garage
- 2004 The Indiana Heart Hospital
- 2003 Eli Lilly and Company K-358 Cell Culture Manufacturing Building
- 2002 DePauw University’s Julian Math and Science Technology Center
- 2001 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Pagoda Control Tower
- 2000 Conseco Fieldhouse
- 1999 Federal Express Phase V Expansion and National Starch & Chemical Company’s Facility Maintenance Program
- 1998 Eli Lilly and Company Central Indiana Alliance Team
- 1997 Eli Lilly and Company Tippecanoe Laboratories
Outstanding Project Safety Award: The Outstanding Project Safety Award is presented to the Owner-Contractor Team demonstrating the most outstanding commitment to safety as well as an excellent statistical record on a particular project. A project can be nominated by a contractor, individual, owner or design professional.
- 2015 Tim Steigerwald, Messer Construction
- 2014 Scott Lollar, Poynter Sheet Metal
- 2013 Kevin Potter, Shiel Sexton
- 2012 Steve Hodgson, Wurster Construction
- 2011 Phil Kenney, F.A. Wilhelm Construction Co.
- 2010 Greg Gossett, ERMCO, Inc.
- 2009 Lori Torres, Indiana Dept. of Labor
- 2008 Jeff Peek, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman
- 2006 Paul Lee, Eli Lilly and Company
- 2005 J. Kent Burget, Safety Management Group
- 2004 William Smith III, Eli Lilly and Company
- 2003 Dave Doell, Clarian Health Partners
- 2002 James Garber, Lauth Construction
- 2001 Jim Maddox, ERMCO, Inc. and Tommy O’Donnell, IBEW Local #481
- 2000 Tim Livingston, Hunt Construction Group
- 1999 Doug Morris, Clarian Health Partners
- 1998 Mike Zeller, Eli Lilly and Company
- 1997 Donna Cale, Cale Consulting, Inc.
Board of Directors Award: The Board of Directors Award is presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution as a volunteer of the CCS Association and helped advance the mission and goals of the organization. The Executive Committee selects a recipient from nominations from the Board of Directors.
- 2016 Blood Hound
- 2015 Meyer & Najem
Safety Improvement Award: The Safety Improvement Award is given to companies that demonstrate how they have improved their safety efforts over the past year to prevent injuries and illnesses on their jobsites.
- 2016 Kennedy Tank and Manufacturing
- 2015 Weigand Construction Company
Safety Innovation Award: The Safety Innovation Award is presented to a company who has developed an innovative program or initiative that has bolstered their safety efforts.
Hands-on Safety Program Certification
"Bowen Engineering participates in many safety pre-qualification efforts across the country. Without question, CCS brings the most value to our company and our Industry. CCS’s hands-on safety program certification process and in-depth substance abuse program have helped Bowen take many positive steps on our zero injury journey."
Jim Ankrum Bowen Engineering June 26, 2015
"CCS is our primary method of contractor prequalification. Their Certification Program confirms that each contractor performing work for us has the essential safety elements in place. Their auditors do a remarkable job reviewing contractors’ safety programs and confirming that thy are more than a binder on a shelf."
Jason Street Vectren Corporation June 24, 2015
Collaborative Testing Program
"The Substance Abuse Program allows all consumers of construction services to benefit from a collaborative testing program. This reduces the cost and redundant testing for all who choose to work within the program."
Rex Phillips Eli Lilly June 24, 2015