Excellence in Safety Award
The Excellence in Safety Award: Known as the “Crystal Eagle,” the Excellence in Safety Award is the highest honor that CCS can bestow upon a company. Companies vie in categories with their peers (General Contractors, Trade Partners, Owners/Facilities Maintenance). Each category winner is recognized as a Safety Leader and is then in contention for the “Crystal Eagle” traveling trophy.
- 2019 Shiel Sexton
- 2018 ERMCO, Inc.
- 2017 Gribbins Insulation Company
- 2016 Central Indiana Alliance
- 2015 BMWC Constructors
- 2014 BMW Constructors
- 2013 Gribbins Insulation
- 2012 Messer Construction
- 2011 Meyer Najem Construction
- 2010 BMW Constructors, Inc.
- 2009 Eli Lilly & The Contractors of the Central Indiana Alliance
- 2008 Bowen Engineering Corporation
- 2007 Bowen Engineering Corporation
- 2006 Pepper Construction Co. of Indiana
- 2005 F.A. Wilhelm Construction Co.
- 2004 BMW Constructors
- 2003 Shiel Sexton Co., Inc.
- 2002 Pepper Construction Co. of Indiana
- 2001 RLTurner Corporation
- 2000 Gaylor, Inc.
- 1999 BMW Constructors, Inc.
- 1998 Eli Lilly And Company
- 1997 RLTurner Corporation
- 1996 Shiel Sexton Co., Inc.
- 1995 James N. Gray Construction
- 1994 RLTurner Corporation
Burnie McGinnis Award
Burnie McGinnis Award: The Burnie McGinnis Award is presented to a person rather than a company. It is the most prestigious award presented to a person by CCS. It is named after the father of Hoosier basketball legend and CCS supporter George McGinnis. The award is given to a person who has had a significant impact on CCS and/or construction safety in Indiana. Because the award is so prestigious, it is not awarded every year.
- 2015 Kent Burget, Safety Management Group
- 2012 Jeffry Carter, Indiana Dept. of Labor and Jim Rabold, RL Turner
- 2011 Gary Price, The Mattison Corporation and Bill Mott, Hunt Construction
- 2009 Corey Alexander, Pepper Construction Co. Indiana and John Lindenschmidt, RMS Safety
- 2007 James Balthis, Brandon DeSonie, and Joe Sloan
- 2003 Jim Brown. Indiana Construction Association
- 1999 Jim Buis, ERMCO, Inc.
- 1998 Sheila Mueller, Bowen Engineering Corp.
- 1997 Fred Vest, Brad Snodgrass, Inc.
- 1996 B. Todd Morton, Best Insulation Specialists
- 1995 Steve Wolf, RLTurner Corporation
Outstanding Project Safety Award
Outstanding Project Safety Award: The Outstanding Project Safety Award is presented to the Owner-Contractor Team demonstrating the most outstanding commitment to safety as well as an excellent statistical record on a particular project. A project can be nominated by a contractor, individual, owner or design professional.
- 2019 Corteva Indianapolis Global Business Center Improvements
- 2018 Deep Draft Berthing Wharf Charlie C-2, Naval Station Mayport
- 2017 Community Hospital North CHVH Connector
- 2017 Community Health Network and Meyer Najem Construction
- 2016 Citizens Energy Group Earlham-Thompson and Morris-Tibbs STEP; Indianapolis Power & Light Harding Street Station Units 5 and 6 Coal to Gas Conversion
- 2015 Citizens Energy Group White River and Fall Creek Consolidation Sewer Shafts; Duke Energy Unit 4 Lower Slope and Finishing Superheat Header Replacement
- 2014 Eli Lilly K130 “Streamline” Project; Wellbrooke of Kokomo The Center for Health & Wellness; Dow AgroSciences Building 314 Fermentation Development Lab; I-65/I-70 South Split Hyper-fix 2013
- 2013 The Alexander Hotel; Parkview Regional Medical Center; Riley Simon Family Tower Va.2 Sequence 1
- 2012 Ascension Health Ministry Service Center; Lutheran Hospital 5th Floor Addition; Soldiers and Sailors Monument Victory Statue Repair
- 2011 Eastern Star Church Northwest Campus; Wishard Dunlap 3 Interventional & Diagnostic Suite
- 2010 Greenfield Central Junior High School; The Witham Healthcare Services Medical, Office Building; The Marion General Hospital Radiology Renovation Project
- 2009 The Col. H. Weir Cook Terminal at Indianapolis International Airport; St. Vincent Indiana Hospital–Surgery & CPD Renovation
- 2008 Community Hospital North Expansion
- 2007 Eli Lilly and Company K362 Building
- 2006 Eli Lilly and Company K360 Clinical Trial Pilot Plant
- 2005 The Horseshoe Casino & Parking Garage
- 2004 The Indiana Heart Hospital
- 2003 Eli Lilly and Company K-358 Cell Culture Manufacturing Building
- 2002 DePauw University’s Julian Math and Science Technology Center
- 2001 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Pagoda Control Tower
- 2000 Conseco Fieldhouse
- 1999 Federal Express Phase V Expansion and National Starch & Chemical Company’s Facility Maintenance Program
- 1998 Eli Lilly and Company Central Indiana Alliance Team
- 1997 Eli Lilly and Company Tippecanoe Laboratories
Board of Directors Award
Board of Directors Award: The Board of Directors Award is presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution as a volunteer of the CCS Association and helped advance the mission and goals of the organization. The Executive Committee selects a recipient from nominations from the Board of Directors.
- 2019 Mark McGuire, AAA Roofing
- 2018 Rex Phillips, Eli Lilly and Company
- 2017 John Lindenschmidt, RMS-Safety
- 2015 Tim Steigerwald, Messer Construction
- 2014 Scott Lollar, Poynter Sheet Metal
- 2013 Kevin Potter, Shiel Sexton
- 2012 Steve Hodgson, Wurster Construction
- 2011 Phil Kenney, F.A. Wilhelm Construction Co.
- 2010 Greg Gossett, ERMCO, Inc.
- 2009 Lori Torres, Indiana Dept. of Labor
- 2008 Jeff Peek, Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman
- 2006 Paul Lee, Eli Lilly and Company
- 2005 J. Kent Burget, Safety Management Group
- 2004 William Smith III, Eli Lilly and Company
- 2003 Dave Doell, Clarian Health Partners
- 2002 James Garber, Lauth Construction
- 2001 Jim Maddox, ERMCO, Inc. and Tommy O’Donnell, IBEW Local #481
- 2000 Tim Livingston, Hunt Construction Group
- 1999 Doug Morris, Clarian Health Partners
- 1998 Mike Zeller, Eli Lilly and Company
- 1997 Donna Cale, Cale Consulting, Inc.
Safety Improvement Award
Safety Improvement Award: The Safety Improvement Award is given to companies that demonstrate how they have improved their safety efforts over the past year to prevent injuries and illnesses on their jobsites.
- 2017 Messer Construction Co.
- 2016 Blood Hound
- 2015 Meyer & Najem
Safety Innovation Award
Safety Innovation Award: The Safety Innovation Award is presented to a company who has developed an innovative program or initiative that has bolstered their safety efforts.
- 2019 Purdue University
- 2018 Steinberger Construction
- 2017 Gaylor Electric, Inc.
- 2016 Kennedy Tank and Manufacturing
- 2015 Weigand Construction Company