“Site Safety and Your Contract – Who’s Legally Responsible for Injuries on your Job Site?
Construction job sites can be dangerous. Indiana contractors have statutory responsibilities for the safety of their own employees, but what obligations do they have toward the employees of their subcontractors, other contractors and third-parties? How can your contract impact this analysis? How can your conduct give rise to a duty of safety? Join CCS for its annual Town Hall where we will have an in-depth discussion on job site safety and who may be held liable for job site injuries.
Thad Schurter of Drewry Simmons Vornehm will start the Town Hall with a discussion of recent Indiana cases that have addressed the issue of contractually assumed safety duties and when those duties may become non-delegable for construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors.
The Town Hall will feature a panel discussion with the various aspects of the construction team and how they work to manage risk on their projects.
Attendees will learn:
- How the chain of contracts can impact their responsibility for site safety
- The different roles and responsibilities of owners, contractors and design professionals for site safety
- How to reduce risk on multi-employer job sites
- How to effectively protect your employees as well as others on the job site
- How to build a productive and safe work setting
The CCS Town Hall will be held Wednesday, December 4 from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at Maggiano’s, 3550 E. 86th St., Indianapolis, IN 46240. Breakfast buffet is included.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be available
Who Should Attend: Owners, management and safety personnel
Early Bird Special (Purchase tickets before November 15)
Individual Ticket – $79
Tickets Purchased after November 15
Individual Ticket – $99
When: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Where: Maggiano’s Little Italy, 3550 E. 86th St., Indianapolis
Schedule of Events:
8:00 a.m. Registration Opens
8:00 a.m. Networking/Breakfast
8:30 a.m. Welcome
8:45 a.m. Site Safety and Your Contract – Thad Schurter
9:45 a.m. Break
10:00 a.m. Panel Discussion: Safety Responsibility on Multi-Employer Jobsites
- Thad Schurter, Drewery Simmons Vorehm
- Marty Wood, IU Health
- Elvin Hernandez, Eli Lilly & Company
- Kevin Turner, IEA
- Pat Porteus, The Skillman Corporation
- Jared Ralph, Gaylor Electric
- Matt McCreery, Safety Resources
**Deadline to register for the CCS Town Hall is Friday, November 25 at 5:00 p.m. EST Cancellations after that date will not be refunded.**